Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Creativity and New Media

The great thing about new media is that it allows you to share your creativity to the world very easily. An app that I recently discovered is Bitmoji. It is linked with the popular social media giant, Snapchat. It allows you to create, customize, and edit an avatar. After you create your own avatar, the app uses your avatar and creates different emotions that you can add to your Snapchat story or send in text messages. Below is a screenshot of what my Bitmoji looks like. I was able to customize everything from her eyes to her outfit.

 

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried this because I've never really understood what they were or how to use them. Now i think i might want to create my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia, I've actually seen this on Snapchat myself as an option to create my own avatar, customize it, and use it as stickers for the app, but I never got a chance to try it on my own. Thank you for trying it out and explaining it! I might just figure out how to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophia! I think Bitmoji is actually a very cool addition to SnapChat. It lets users design their own avatar that represent themselves. It is cool because that avatar would appear on filters; therefore, making it unique. I did make my own avatar but I always wanted more facial hair so I added a beard to my Bitmoji. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete